Media for peace
Start your peace mission
More freedom for journalism
What you can expect at Media for Peace
You receive a fixed compensation per month for your work for more peace.
Contacts & Network
The Media Lab Bayern, together with the dtec.bw and the UniBw Munich, will help you to establish contacts with journalists and to publicize the media products for more peace.
Mentors & Coaches
Design thinking, user research or resilience training - our coaches and mentors will support you with their expertise and empathy.
A task with meaning
With Media for Peace, you will be working for democratic principles, freedom of the press and the active promotion of peace.
Schedule of the program
Application phase ( May 3 - June 30, 2022)
Application is closed.
Prototype (Oct 22 - March 23)
You will develop a prototype for
a platform with 9 other Fellows.
MVP (Mar 23 to Dec 23)
You will develop your prototype
into a real platform.
More Information on the program
We are looking for you:
- You are a journalist, designer, developer or tech nerd
- You have already worked or are currently working in media or communications in Germany, Afghanistan or Lebanon.
- You have some experience in crisis journalism
- You are interested in constructive and/or peacebuilding journalism
- You have some experience in international media and development cooperation
- You have six to twelve months to focus on Media for Peace
- You are creative, curious and have a desire to engage in peacebuilding journalism
Questions about the Media for Peace program
Is the program offered part-time?
It is possible to participate in the support program on a part-time basis. You should commit at least 20 hours per week to it.
Is the program face-to-face or remote?
As this is a program with international participants, the program is predominantly remote. Occasional face-to-face workshops are planned.
How far along does my idea need to be?
If you already have a concrete idea, that's great. But be prepared to critically question and adapt your idea. If you don't have a concrete idea yet, but have a lot of enthusiasm for the topic, that's great too! Especially in the first phase, it is about finding out what could help crisis journalism.